Reporting Cars Registered Out of State

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Say No to Out of State Registration Plates

Report those who fail to register their vehicles in Kentucky

View as a PDF

If you observe residents of Kentucky "beating the system" by operating motor vehicles on Kentucky highways for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates or expired temporary or other tags, please help the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet identify these violators. You can call toll free at 1-800-882-8990 or fax this form to 1-502-564-8192.

When you call, give as much of the below listed information as possible or mail the filled out form directly to the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. You need not identify yourself when calling or writing. The Kentucky Revenue Cabinet will take the appropriate action to collect the taxes due.

Alternately, bring a copy of the form directly to the Newport Police Department or email it to Capt. Kunkel. As your local law enforcement entity, we will follow up on ALL vehicles that are reported to us in efforts to assist with a proper resolution.

Most Recent


City of Newport RSS Feed