Reopening of City Building
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Newport City Building REOPENING to General Public,
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Drop boxes will remain available at the city building on the first floor at both main entrances for leaving payments, permit applications, job applications, and bids.
The following services are now available:
- PERMITS: City staff will accept Building, Zoning and Historic Preservation permit applications in person, via email, fax, and regular mail or online at: https://permits.newportky.gov/forms/BuildingPermit,. Please contact Allyson Schaefer at 859-292-3637 or email email@example.com.
- PAYMENTS: Finance Department staff is available for in person for payment of property tax, payroll tax, business tax or any finance matters. Please contact Finance Department Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 859-292-3660 with questions.
- PAYMENT for PARKING TICKETS can be paid in person to the Police Department.
- MEETINGS: All public meetings/hearings before the Board of Commissioners, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission, and Code Enforcement Board will resume to in person on the 1st floor Multi -Purpose Room and streamed at the Newport, Kentucky – City Government YouTube page at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCj_uTGn3_tyDgQtnN-20Qw
- PASSPORTS Acceptance of Passport Applications is still suspended until further notice. Please check the US Dept of State website (travel.state.gov) for locations to apply and call ahead to confirm they are open.
- ACCIDENT REPORTS: Accident reports can be obtained from buycrash.com
- ALL PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS ARE OPEN. Veterans Pool opens June 1st.
MASK MANDATE: Fully vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask.
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated?
- In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
- If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.