Contact Information for City Departments
The Newport City Building is located at and our mailing address is:
998 Monmouth Street, Newport, KY 41071
Phone Numbers for City Departments
- Emergency Dispatch 911
- Non-emergency Dispatch 859.292.3622
- Police Administration 859.292.3634
- Crime Tip Line 859.261.TIPS (8477)
- Fire Administration 859.292.3616
- Building Permits 859.292.3637
- City Property Taxes and Licenses 859.292.3660
- Code Enforcement 859.292.3637
- Commissioners / Mayor / City Manager 859.292.3666
- Development Services Department / Planning and Zoning 859.292.3637
- Recreation / Parks / Fields 859.292.3686
- Public Works 859.292.3686
- Veterans Memorial Pool 859.581.7056
The City Building is on the corner of 10th and Monmouth, it is the red brick building that houses the fire department headquarters on the 10th Street side.
Which Building Do You Need to Visit?
Visit the City Building at 998 Monmouth to:
- Attend meetings of the Newport Board of Commissioners, Board of Adjustment, Code Enforcement Board, Historic Preservation Commission, Planning and Zoning Board, Recreation Commission, or Urban Design Review Board. Unless otherwise posted, those meetings take place in the multipurpose room on the first floor at 998 Monmouth.
- Building Permit and Zoning Permit application
- Business Licenses and Alcohol Licenses
- Code Enforcement
- Dog Licenses (if your dog meets the definition of a vicious animal)
- Passport Application (Mon.-Fri. from 9-3)
- Pay City Property Taxes
- Pay Parking Citations (at the Police Department on the 1st floor)
Also located in our building at 998 Monmouth is the Campbell County Consolidated Dispatch Center. To reach CCCDC call 859.292.3622.
Campbell County Facilities Located in Newport
Campbell County's Fiscal Court building and County Clerk's office are sometimes confused with the City Building. These offices are located one block to the south at 1098 Monmouth, on the corner of 11th and Monmouth - that is a light colored building with a parking lot visible from Monmouth St. Go to 11th and Monmouth to pay vehicle registration or pay county taxes.
The Campbell County Courthouse is located at 4th and York, caddy-corner from the World Peace Bell. Circuit Court is located in the "old" courthouse. Visit that location for driver's licenses, I.D. cards, eviction and divorce papers, bankruptcy and custody cases. To reach Circuit Court call 859.292.6314
District Court is also now located at 4th and York and handles traffic matters, misdemeanors, juvenile matters, small claims forcible detainer actions, paternity actions, limited civil actions, preliminary hearings on felons and restraining orders. To reach District Court, call 859.292.6305.