The City Building is located at:
998 Monmouth Street
Newport, KY 41071
Visit the City Building to/for:
- Attend meetings of the Newport Board of Commissioners, Board of Adjustment, Code Enforcement Board, Historic Preservation Commission, Planning and Zoning Board, Recreation Commission, or Urban Design Review Board
- Unless otherwise posted, those meetings take place in the multipurpose room on the first floor
- Building Permit and Zoning Permit application
- Business Licenses and Alcohol Licenses
- Code Enforcement
- Dog Licenses (if your dog meets the definition of a vicious animal)
- Passport Application (Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm)
- Pay City Property Taxes
- Pay Parking Citations (at the Police Department on the 1st floor)
Also located in our building at 998 Monmouth is the Campbell County Consolidated Dispatch Center. To reach the Dispatch Center, call 859.292.3622.
Campbell County Facilities Located in Newport
Campbell County's Fiscal Court building and County Clerk's office are sometimes confused with the City Building. These offices are located one block to the south at 1098 Monmouth, on the corner of 11th and Monmouth - that is a light-colored building with a parking lot visible from Monmouth Street. Go to 11th and Monmouth to pay vehicle registration or pay county taxes.
The Campbell County Courthouse is located at 4th and York, caddy-corner from the World Peace Bell. Circuit Court is located in the "old" courthouse. Visit that location for driver's licenses, I.D. cards, eviction and divorce papers, bankruptcy, and custody cases. To reach the Circuit Court call 859-292-6314.
District Court is also now located at 4th and York and handles traffic matters, misdemeanors, juvenile matters, small claims forcible detainer actions, paternity actions, limited civil actions, preliminary hearings on felons, and restraining orders. To reach the District Court, call 859-292-6305.