Financial Reporting & Transparency
The City of Newport is committed to full financial transparency and subscribes to OPENGOV to list all financial data.
- OpenNewport provides complete access to the financial data for the City of Newport, Kentucky.
- Newport's Fiscal and Budget Transparency Tool allows you to access full financial data on easy-to-understand charts and graphs, in just a few clicks.
The Annual Report displays revenues and expenses by Fiscal Year for all City Funds. The Saved Views to the left allow you to easily find most frequently used reports, including breakouts of revenues and expenses as well as the current yearly budget.
The Monthly Report displays revenues and expenses by Fiscal Year for all City Funds. Click on any of the Saved Views to see answers to your most frequently asked questions, including monthly and year to date information.
The Balance Sheet Report displays the City's assets, liabilities and equity following each Fiscal Years' Audit.
Click through the Citizen User Guide (PDF) download to familiarize yourself with navigation of the site, or follow these helpful tips.
- Use the various Filters on the left panel to build the view you want and understand the data in different ways.
- The Show drop-down allows you to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- The Broken Down By drop-down allows you to specify the category you would like the data to be organized by in your view.
- Use the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters allow you to select exactly which data you want to include and exclude in your graph.
- Use the Search function within each filter to find something specific.
- The Fiscal Year slide bar allows you to view the range of years that you want to see from 2014 to 2017.
- There are five different types of visual graphs you can view: Stacked percentage graph, Stacked line graph, Line graph, Pie chart and Bar chart.